Sunday, May 9, 2010

Tot School - Letter W

Tot School
~E is 35 months old~

We had a great "W" week.  I tried to bring more structure to our day and to our "school" time this week.  E seemed to enjoy the greater structure.  I am still researching other ideas about how to bring more of a routine to our "school" time.  Not having a background in early childhood education means that I have much to learn.  However, I am thankful for friends and various blogs that are teaching me how to do all of this!   

Art/Craft Time
 
Painting a Watermelon on coffee filters

Gluing "seeds" (black beans) on our watermelon

The completed project

Tot Trays
 
Bottlecap names

More Bottlecap names.  This time he wanted to make a circle out of the names and put the letters in the circle.
Sticker Puzzle.  This was a Highlights Promotional mailing. 
 
W

Putting W stickers on our W page

Playing with Water and a medicine dropper

Playing in a Worship Band
 
 Circling the Ws.  He did these really quickly.

Confessions of Homeschooler Printables
I have recently found Confessions of  Homeschooler and her wonderful printables.  E thoroughly enjoyed  all of the sheets I printed out for him.  I hope to use them again this week.  
Gluing Poms on W

Sorting Big and Little Ws

Tracing... E hasn't done a lot of this kind of work yet.  He seemed to enjoy it. 

Watermelon Shape Puzzles

Watermelon Counting Puzzle

Watermelon Size Sorting
 
Tiny Tot School
'Lil e will be 12 months old in a few weeks.  As I have had more concentrated time with E lately and 'Lil e has been growing more active I have had to start preparing alternative activities for her while working with E.  Sometimes it been a good distraction for her, sometimes it has not worked. 
 
  Playing with Bottlecaps, In and Out of Bag

More Bottle Caps, In and Out Container

Experimenting with Ice and Water... she did NOT like the cold of the ice

I tried this puzzle with her.  She liked eating the pieces.

Playing with Blocks, In and Out, Stacking.  She actually helped clean up her toy!  That was a first.

1 comment:

  1. Love the picture of E playing in the worship band. That made me smile!

    ReplyDelete