Monday, September 5, 2011

Week 2 - Letter B

We had another great week of school.  This week we focused on the letter B in addition to the Sonlight curriculum week 2 material.  Both children seem to be enjoying the work and the structure.  I am still learning about how to balance the two of them and how to best set up the day for success.

Big E and I continued to enjoy Sonlight's material.  Even Lil E will sit and listen to the readings.  I continue to appreciate the memory verses and character traits.  

We started using a new to us handwriting curriculum.  I finally settled on Handwriting Without Tears.  So far I am very pleased with it.  Big E seems to both enjoy it and work with it easily.  I love their approach and its easy accessibility to left-handed children.  

The Montessori skill for this week was to practice folding clothes.  We really only worked on washcloths this week, but we will circle back to it another week. 

Lil E's Work/Crafts

Big E's Work/Crafts

Playing with a Sequencing Chart from the Library

Playing with a Color and Shape Bingo Game from the Library

No comments:

Post a Comment